Business Development Manager
Salary: £30,000 – £40,000 + Up to 7% bonus + Free Parking On-site + Discount On Products + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Positive Working Environment
Office Based: Peterborough, UK
Contract: Full time
Are you successful Business Development Manager/Account Manager working on daily basis with the biggest retailers in UK?
Are you looking for new challenges in the FMCG sector?
Would you want to join very successful team in Beauty industry achieving over 20% growth in the last two years?
If YES, we have a great opportunity for You!!
The Requirements of Business Development Manager:
- You will be able to provide the evidence of driving and managing key multiple retail accounts ideally within the grocer sector (ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Aldi, Lidl, Sainsbury) or high street retailers (Mark & Spencer, Primark, Boots, Superdrug, Wilko’s etc).
- Management of multiple product types and categories within key retail accounts to include personal care, body care, face care, hair care, food and beverage.
- Must have evidence of producing sales growth and successful relationship building within key retail accounts.
- Ideal Business Development Manager will be commercially astute, tenacious, passionate, team player and team leader, Insightful – able to identify opportunities
- Ideally educated to degree level or equivalent (not essential depending on experience and background)
The Role of Business Development Manager:
- Reporting to the Commercial Sales Manager you will be responsible for initiate and drive a strategic trading sales plan in each key account – private label, OEM, white label and brand to maximise, the business and total sales.
- Responsible for all sales and commercial elements of customer relationship with key retail accounts, driving sales and profit/margin performance. Ensuring highest levels of customer service at all times
- Managing the key account interface with customer teams to include buyers, technical & product managers and supply teams.
- Day to day customer interface – driving and owning all meetings / conference calls including all meeting preparation and meeting minutes together with issuing and ensuring follow through is actioned and closed off.
- Managing product commercially throughout its lifecycle (impact of cost increases / change of specification / sales order volume change).
- Managing customer stocks (BOP and FG) and reporting on the Monthly Stock Report. All excess and residuals are identified and managed efficiently (disposal / returning (free issue) or charging onto customers.
- Responsible for overseeing that stock is being produced in time to meet forecast or sales order (made to order). Communicating with customers if there are issues and offering solutions where appropriate
The Company & Opportunity
- My client is a leading manufacturer of private label personal care products with over 250 years’ experience in the business
- They are proud to supply some of the UK’s leading retailers including the top supermarkets and chemists with their Health & Beauty Products, their product ranges include: skincare, hair care, hard soaps, luxury bathing, candles, alcohol fillings, cosmetic packaging as well as much more!
- They are expert at taking a client’s blue sky brief and concept products to finished product in a very short space of time to be stocked product on the shop floor, with the most modern high tech manufacturing plant utilising sophisticated production equipment, they have an established reputation for exceptional NPD, product innovation, customer service and high quality product portfolio and are the only company in the UK with the capabilities for private label, branded label, licensed brands, alcohol filling, candles and hard soap manufacturing right now
- Their facilities and the highly talented and long standing staff in the business allows our client to work the full production cycle from concept to completion at a rapid pace to meet the needs of retailers and consumers
- Opportunities to progress within this business are endless, they are a highly innovative company that are winning awards and market share year on year in all categories.
For more information about the Business Development Manager role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Owen today on 0203 9111 000.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.