Salary: Wide Open DOE + Free Parking On-site + Discount on Products + 20 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays + Positive Working Environment
Based: Peterborough, UK
The Requirements of Packaging Technician:
- Minimum of 2 years of packaging development experience within an FMCG environment such as personal care/cosmetics, food or pharma
- Right now, you could be a Packaging Technologist, Packaging Technician or a Packaging Developer etc.
- Ability to plan and conduct short, medium and long-term projects, working on several projects simultaneously and managing time and other resources effectively
- Strong collaboration and stakeholder management skills
- Good analytic skills to be able to use the available data to manage and mitigate project risks
- Understand packaging development process from concept generation through verification and delivery
The Role of Packaging Technician:
- Attend all project related NPD focussed meetings, within allocated customer profile, such as Weekly Updates/Risk Analysis/Pre-Production
- Be a gatekeeper for Packaging NPD- ensure all NPD activities both internal and external are logged, communicated, tracked and closed off in line with process and timings
- Identify and manage the pack risk with the project team, being flexible and re-prioritising as required and escalate concerns when needed
- Manage project stakeholders internally and externally aligning priorities and negotiating with key decision makers to ensure pack solutions can be delivered
- Ensure fit for purpose and accurate briefs sent to suppliers for componentry requests for all costing and NPD activities
- Develop comprehensive new component specifications. Ensure sign off by NPD team and issue to supplier
- Manage artwork requirements – review and/ or approve artwork
- Co-ordinate suppliers and Product Managers on all component colour matches for allocated customer profile
- Develop testing plan to ensure appropriate testing is conducted
- Attend first production for allocated customer profile
The Company & Opportunity:
- My client is a leading manufacturer of private label personal care products with over 250 years’ experience in the business
- They are proud to supply some of the UK’s leading retailers including the top supermarkets and chemists with their Health & Beauty Products, their product ranges include: skincare, hair care, hard soaps, luxury bathing, candles, alcohol fillings, cosmetic packaging as well as much more!
- They are expert at taking a client’s blue sky brief and concept products to finished product in a very short space of time to be stocked product on the shop floor, with the most modern high tech manufacturing plant utilising sophisticated production equipment, they have an established reputation for exceptional NPD, product innovation, customer service and high quality product portfolio and are the only company in the UK with the capabilities for private label, branded label, licensed brands, alcohol filling, candles and hard soap manufacturing right now
- Their facilities and the highly talented and long-standing staff in the business allows our client to work the full production cycle from concept to completion at a rapid pace to meet the needs of retailers and consumers
- Opportunities to progress within this business are endless, they are a highly innovative company that are winning awards and market share year on year in all categories. Their business is always changing so the opportunities to progress are real based upon your success
For more information about the Packaging Technician role or to apply send your CV now to Anna@beautifulrecruitment.com or call Anna today on 0203 911 1000.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.