Product Manager – Health & Beauty
Basic Salary £28,000 – £38,000 DOE + Company bonus + benefits
Great opportunity for a Product Manager to join a with Beauty/Personal Care experience, to join a leading manufacturer of private label personal care products, with over 250 years’ experience.
Reporting to the Marketing Director, the Product Manager will be responsible for NPD/ Account Management of all own-brand products.
You will be the key driver of NPD (New Product Development) internally through the business, involving co-ordinating multi-functions and activities, including client liaison with Buyers, Packaging Technologist’s, R&D, suppliers, and the customers within the retail industry such as: Boots and Superdrug whilst forming strong relationships with established customers, also adding value in identifying new products/category opportunities
Managing the key account interface with Buyers, Technical and Product Managers, supply teams as well as interpretation of customers briefs/tenders
You will be responsible for generation, preparation, and presentation of new product concepts to customers and then working closely with the R&D on the customer’s briefs in response to this, carrying out all of the product costing, price negotiation & product cost engineering
Carrying out sales forecasting and stock management responsibilities whilst also working with people at all business levels, from factory floor to key personnel in multiple retailers
In summary, you will be responsible for:
- Drive the NPD function and oversee each function
- Liaising with Buyers, Packaging, R&D, Suppliers etc
- Create a strategy for product development from concept to costs and production.
- Sales Forecasting
- Stock Management
To be successful you will need;
- Brand/Product experience from a classical FMCG company with experience working in personal care/hair care or beauty categories.
- Tenacious self-starter with a can-do attitude
- proven track record developing products and account managing own label brands
- Top 4, Discounters, or Department Store retail experience.
- Private Label experience desirable
- Commercially aware and connected to the UK retail landscape. You must be able to build strong relationships with sales and trade marketing teams.
- People orientation – ability to engage and build trust. Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Ideally you will live within 1 hours commute from Peterborough
- Degree educated is desirable but not essential if you have strong experience.
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Maria Pignanelli today on 0203 911 1000.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.