Safety, Health and Environment Coordinator
Job Type: Full time
Salary: DOE + Car Allowance
Location: Exeter but would be involve travel to our sites
Are you qualified in IOSH or even better NEBOSH?
Do you have experience within Safety, Health and Environment Co-ordination?
Would you be interested in working for a company who turn over £280 million? With potential for growth?
If YES please read more about an outstanding opportunity I am currently recruiting for!!
The Responsibilities & Duties:
- Review risk assessments, document any required actions and report findings.
- Undertake routine weekly checks in line with audit schedules and legislative requirements, as advised by Management.
- Assist in completion of internal audits required to uphold legislative and customer requirements.
- Monitor and arrange any required training to ensure compliance and ensure exemplary H&S culture is present at all times.
- Undertake workplace inspections as instructed against clear guidance
- Provide support to ensure compliance with guidelines and legislation in relation to EA/HSE/DEFRA/APHA requirements, including administration and communication to external agencies with guidance from Management.
- Provide support to ensure the sites compliance in line with the local authority requirements and permits.
- Ensure all documents/records are filed and updated accordingly.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required/requested by the Management Team.
- IOSH qualified
- NEBOSH qualified – Desirable
- Full UK Driving Licence
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and EA Legislation within a manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of DEFRA and APHA legislation
- Previous experience of working within a manufacturing and/or process environment.
- Experience of preparing formal documentation for submission to third parties/external agencies.
- IT skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
- Have a methodical and positive
- My client is active in a wide range of sectors associated with the food chain
- They manufacture quality products for use in human and animal foodstuffs, agriculture, aquaculture, and industrial applications
- The company also produces bio-fuels and renewable energy and provides services for farming and the food industry
- They boast an annual turnover approaching £280 million, employing over 1,000 people at 23 sites across the country
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Avanda today on 020 3911 1000.
To apply for this role you must have the right to work in the UK.
Beautiful Recruitment also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So if you know someone who could be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100.00 of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.