Senior Chemist – Hair Care
Salary: £30,000 – £47,000, 25 days Holiday + Bank Holidays + day off for your Birthday, Free Parking, Staff Discount + Excellent Other Benefits and Progression Opportunities!
Are you an experienced Chemist in the field of Hair Care? Is progression and professional development important to you?
Then read on as this well-established cosmetic manufacturer could be the ideal place for you!
- Right now, you will have 3+ years experience in formulation Hair Care products such as, shampoos, conditioners, hair foams, hair oils, hair masks, & hair serums.
- Ideally you will be educated to degree level within a Cosmetic Science or Chemistry subject, this is not essential if you have a solid work experience of doing a similar role.
- Be able demonstrate your knowledge on how to develop a product from start to finish on a broad range of hair care products.
- Excellent people & project management skills.
- Being able to efficiently prioritise and manage your own work load.
- To be an effective communicator at all levels, inside and outside of the business.
- Passionate & enthusiastic about driving innovation in this category and providing solutions vs. problems.
- The position will report directly to the Account Head of R&D, you will specialise in the Hair Care section and have ownership of 30-40 formulations at one time.
- You will have access to state-of-the-art facilities and develop Haircare products from start to finish.
- You will have 2x Junior Haircare Chemists reporting into you, you will be managing and overseeing their training.
- Working closely with the management team on all new product Haircare briefs and liaise directly with customer contacts when required.
- Organising and monitoring all the required testing and communicate results to marketing colleagues and the Technical Director.
The Company & Opportunity:
- Our client is a market-leader in the manufacturing of luxury personal care products. The reason for the position is due to the huge growth the company has made, they have grown by 40% in the last 3 years which makes it a brilliant opportunity for progression.
- You will be working amongst fellow subject matter experts who are passionate about Chemistry & Formulations and have the goal to produce fantastic Haircare products.
- The company has a team of longstanding employees and for each 5 years of service you get an extra day holiday!
- They supply a variety of products – you will never have such an opportunity to formulate again!
- Large technical team internationally – plenty of scope for progression as they always promote within!
- As well as supporting the Junior Chemist, you will also be trained on branded and private label products.
For more information about the Senior Chemist role or to apply send your CV now to email@example.com or call Eleanor today on 0203 911 1000.
You must have the right to work in the UK to apply.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who could be good for this job, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we’ll ensure you receive £100 GBP of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.