Location: Site based in Bath, UK (Monday – Friday – 40 hours FTC)
With over a decade of industry experience our client is a leading manufacturer of high quality, natural and ethical skincare & haircare products.
They are extremely proud to partner with some of world’s most prestigious spas, boutique hotels and independent retailers.
This position is newly created as part of their ongoing growth, and you play an integral part in helping the business to achieve their ambitious & exciting goals!
The role of the Formulation Chemist:
- Clarifying formulation briefs directly with clients
- Conducting feasibility studies/technical investigations into potential formulations
- Sourcing raw materials from suppliers
- Formulating innovative, naturally based products for both in house brands and private customers
- Conducting stability and compatibility testing of approved formulations
- Liaising between project manager, clients, and safety assessors on regulatory/claims issues
- Generating INCIs
- Creating PIF documentation
- Creation and optimisation of manufacturing instructions
- Manage the transfer from lab to manufacturing and advise on risk in scale up
The requirements of the Formulation Chemist:
- You will already have a minimum 5 years’ experience as a Formulation Chemist, Formulation Scientist, NPD Chemist, Development Chemist, Cosmetic Chemist, or equivalent role
- You will also have specific experience of formulating either Skincare and/or haircare products
- Other formulation experience of cosmetics/personal care product categories will also be considered
- Educated with a Diploma in Society of Cosmetic sciences or similar qualification (or qualified by experience)
- Experience in process manufacturing
- Knowledge of EU Cosmetics Directive
- Able to communicate well with management, colleagues, and clients
- Confident and self-driven
- Ability to multitask with excellent organisational skills
- Work in a fast-paced environment with precision and accuracy
Salary & Benefits:
- Base Salary Circa: £30,000 – £36,000 (DOE)
- 20 Days Holiday + 8 Bank Holidays
- Free Parking Onsite
For more information about the role or to apply send your CV now to firstname.lastname@example.org and call Oliver Gill (Global Recruitment Manager) today on +44 (0) 113 243 3499.
You must have the right to work in the UK to be considered for this role.
Langton Howarth also operates a recommend a friend referral scheme. So, if you know someone who would be good for the role, email your nominated candidate’s name and contact details in confidence via email too, and we will ensure you receive €100 (o/e) of vouchers from a high street retailer of your choice once we have successfully placed the person referred by you.